Saturday, January 8, 2011

Theme Blocks

I made these blocks for the 2011 theme for each girl.  I painted them brown and then mod podged this document to the top of it.  I almost think that I could have gotten away with not even painting them though!  I am attaching the document now so that you can copy it if you would like.  I will attach pictures of it on the blocks in the morning.  They turned out really cute and you can just get the wood from home depot!  You can CLICK HERE to download the originals!

9 comments:

  1. those are super cute! What kinda of printing/ink was used? I've had experience with modpodging printed items that bled....but I think it was laser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had the same problem as above. What printing do you use to avoid the bleed? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Usually things printed with an inkjet printer bleed, laser printers use toner so it shouldn't bleed on you. HTH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO CUTE! I don't have a daugther in YW yet, but I love these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are super cute. I am in YW and also have 2 daughters in YW.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What size blocks did you use... I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know what size these are, but if you can have them printed at a photo center (Walmart, Sams, etc...) It would probably be cheaper and you can mod podge over the top of photos. Just an idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used a lazer color printer. You could also get them printed in color at kinkos. The blocks were 3x4 and 1x4. I could get you some if you wanted. I think they were $1 per set. I did them small so they would not take to much space in their rooms!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE this. I'm a young woman's president in Maine and I showed these to my Laurel's the other day and they want them!!! I just don't look forward to getting so many blocks of wood cut :)

    ReplyDelete