Friday, October 26, 2012

Dr. Seuss YW in Excellence

This year, we are doing our YW in Excellence as Dr. Seuss!  I will share more pictures as we complete them.  The first idea is our cute invite, here it is!
You can get this invite on Etsy HERE and they will email it to you all ready to print!

**Updated 08-21-2013** I wish I was able to take more pictures of the actual event but I was so overwhelmed with serving food that I didn't get any!  But, here is a summary of what we did:

Each table was a different value color.  For the center pieces I got a scalloped frame and mod podged cute scrapbook paper the color of each value.  The frames looked a little like this one....
You can get this frame at Poppyseed Projects
Then, I put quotes from different Dr. Seuss books in the frames.  I found quotes to match the different values!  Pinterest has a TON you can find :)  I got 3 fresh flowers the color of each value to put on each table and the center pieces were done!  (Of course the plates and paper goods were all matching). 

For my talk, I spoke about the places we can go and the things that would try to make it hard for us to accomplish personal progress but if we stick with it we can do amazing things because of it!

I am so sorry I don't have much more :(  Hope you can enjoy your night of excellence!

7 comments:

  1. Our YW is planning on doing a Dr. Seuss Themed New Beginnings this year! I would love if you would share with me the things you did for your YWIE! Decorating, Program etc. My email address is kward65@q.com.
    Thank you,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got put in as the young women President and haven't been in the program since I was in my youth. I am very anxious about planning New Beginnings coming up, would you be willing to share more info. about what other things you did with Dr. Seus for your program. My email julesrobts@gmail.com
    Thanks-Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to find out more about your Dr. Suess Theme and how it went!
    lindywall@yahoo.com
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. not finding your follow-up post...:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just added what I could remember to the blog. I didn't take pictures that night which is totally unfortunate. I had over 90 people come so it was CRAZY!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I just added what I could remember to the blog. I didn't take pictures that night which is totally unfortunate. I had over 90 people come so it was CRAZY!

      Delete