Sunday, August 3, 2014

Primary 2 Lesson 27: I can help others be happy by sharing

Hello there!  It has been a LONG time since I have posted :)  I am now in Primary and have been loving the change of pace.  BUT... I have discovered it really does take quite a bit of creativity to entertain a class of 4-year olds for an hour!  I thought I would share my ideas along with ideas I have found from other blogs to help others who have to teach the same lesson.

The original lesson on LDS.org can be found HERE.
I love to do a craft with each lesson.  It is a great way to remind the kids what they have learned.  This week I found the cutest printable HERE that I used to cut and color the 5 loaves and 2 fish from the story in the lesson.  Then, I just used a a paper bag, cut the top off and rolled it down to represent the basket the fish were in.   The kids had a great time cutting out and coloring their little baskets.  Here is what the finished craft looked like:
For their treat, we gave goldfish and rolls (to go with the theme of the story)
For their handout, I couldn't resist the temptation to buy these super cute fish games.  I found them for just $2 at the grocery store and knew the kids would love them.  I made this cute little tag to put on each:
The image on here is from the website craftingthewordofgod.com,
head over and check it out.  GREAT Bible story craft ideas!

I just love teaching primary!  It is so fun to see how much the kids love to learn :)

6 comments:

  1. I tried downloading the link to print this activity and it doesn't work. Can you send it to my email? phillipgrove252@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly this file is not there anymore. I looked for it everywhere and can't find it in my drop box :( so sorry

      Delete
  2. Me too? Emily.myyogi@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dang! I guess this link is broken somehow and sadly I don't have the file anymore. So SOrry!

      Delete
  3. Me too? Emily.myyogi@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too please: Audrey
    dudleymail@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete