Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Primary 2 Lesson 29: I Can Be a Good Example

Here is a fun little craft that you can make with the kids...

Items Needed:
You will need some tissue paper, glue, a tea light (that is battery operated), ribbon and a tea light holder.  I found all of these items at Michael's Crafts.  The tea light holder was only $1.00!

You will cut your tissue paper into little pieces before class.  MIND YOU... I would never think a multi colored candle holder would match anything, but I think the kids love the bright colors.  

Just glue the papers to the outside of the jar.  You may need to help them get any lose edges down.  The tissue paper is fun because in the dark you will see your light glow through the holder.  
You could also use mod podge.  In fact, it would probably work better but let's face it... I teach 4 year olds so for the sake of making sure their parents don't hate me I had to stick with something washable!

I always try to make some sort of tag to stick to the crafts we do.  Mostly so parents don't see what we have done and think to themselves "what in the world are they doing in there"!  


Hope this helps!  I love to try to do these crafts.  Some weeks I really wonder why I do anything more than your basic coloring page in Primary but then I hear stories from parents of how the kids keep these crafts and they play with them and they talk about them and that is what I love, and I want.  I want them to remember what they learned in class that day.  

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I was looking at your post about the Primary 2 lesson 29 and I was wondering if you could send me a copy of your tag file. The dropbox link did not work for me. Please let me know as I would love to use this next week in Primary! Thank you so much!! my email is supercrew@live.com :)

    ReplyDelete